The Magic played an exhilarating game against the second place Washington Wizards Wednesday evening,…
Magic vs Sixers: What Went Right/Wrong
1. Three point shooting- Orlando was on fire from behind the arc as they connected on 14 of 23 shots from long distance for 60.9%. Maurice Evans led the way as he hit 4 of 7 three point attempts, and Keith Bogans added three more from behind the arc.
2. Orlando's defense- The Magic contested nearly every Philly attempt early on and held the Sixers to just 44.2% from the field despite playing nearly the entire fourth quarter with the end of the bench. The Magic forced 13 Sixers turnovers which led to 18 points.
3. Free throw shooting- Orlando hit 17 of their 18 attempts from the charity stripe for 94.4%. Dwight Howard was especially impressive as the normally 60% foul shooter hit all three of his attempts.
4. Great ball movement- Orlando moved the ball well all night long which led to many open shots that they were knocking down. The Magic racked up 26 assists, and hit on 53.2% from the field (41-77).
5. Glass work- The Magic did a great job on the boards as they outrebounded Philadelphia 44-38. Dwight Howard led the way with 12 boards.
6. Bench production- The Magic bench received some extra minutes and contributed with 42 points on the evening, one of their highest totals of the season. Keyon Dooling led all Magic reserves with 13 points on 6-8 shooting.
7. Great early energy- Orlando came out ready to play and jumped on what was a very hot 76ers team. The game was over in the first quarter thanks to Orlando's sharp shooting and defensive intensity. The Sixers had a look of defeat on their collective faces, and it was over and ugly early on.
Magic MVP- Hedo Turkoglu- Turk finished with 16 points and 9 assists. Any of the starters could've been named MVP on this night.
What went wrong- Despite some carelessness with the basketball which made for 21 Orlando turnovers, there was nothing that went awry on this night for the Magic. They cruised to a blowout victory and were able to get the starters some much needed rest in the process.
MagicIllustrated.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Recap
Dr. Roto watched all of Sunday's action and has compiled for you a recap of all the Fantasy comings and goings. Denver Broncos RB C.J. Anderson (pictured above) may have solidified himself as the team…Read More
Scout College Football Top 30- Week Thirteen
The top 30 teams in college football after Week Thirteen...Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Scout's ACC All-Century Team
There have been so many great basketball players in the Atlantic Coast Conference since 2000, but which have been the very best? We break down the Player of the Century, Best Coach, Best Freshman, and…Read More
The First Thanksgiving: 10 Myths and Facts
The story of the first Thanksgiving is filled with folklore and legend. But what’s the real story? Here are 10 commonly believed myths about the First Thanksgiving debunked.Read More