The Orlando Magic hit the road to play the Washington Wizards for the first time this season.
Magic vs Raptors: What Went Right
2. Turkoglu filling up the stat sheet- Hedo Turkoglu has turned it on of late, and Tuesday was no exception. Turkoglu scored 24 points, grabbed 7 rebounds and dished out eight assists as he nearly scored at will in the final period.
3. Explosive fourth quarter- The Magic blew the game open by outscoring their visitors from north of the border 31-19 in the final stanza.
4. Defending the arc- The Magic closed out well on the best outside shooting team in the NBA as they held the Raptors to just 14% from behind the three-point line (2/14). Toronto came in shooting 42% from behind the arc.
5. Efficient play by Jameer- Although Nelson's shot wasn't falling for much of the night, Jameer played solid defense and ran the Magic offense well. Nelson finished with 13 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists.
6. Good defense overall- We don't get to commend the Magic very often for their defense, so we're certainly going to take advantage tonight. Orlando controlled the paint and held the Raptors to just 40.9% shooting from the field (36/88).
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com
MagicIllustrated.com Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More