1. Dwight in the fourth quarter- After toiling in foul trouble for three quarters, Dwight Howard came out with a vengeance in the fourth and scored 16 points and grabbed four rebounds in the period. Howard finished with 19 points (7-10 from the field) and 14 rebounds for the evening.
2. Turkoglu filling up the stat sheet- Hedo Turkoglu has turned it on of late, and Tuesday was no exception. Turkoglu scored 24 points, grabbed 7 rebounds and dished out eight assists as he nearly scored at will in the final period.
3. Explosive fourth quarter- The Magic blew the game open by outscoring their visitors from north of the border 31-19 in the final stanza.
4. Defending the arc- The Magic closed out well on the best outside shooting team in the NBA as they held the Raptors to just 14% from behind the three-point line (2/14). Toronto came in shooting 42% from behind the arc.
5. Efficient play by Jameer- Although Nelson’s shot wasn’t falling for much of the night, Jameer played solid defense and ran the Magic offense well. Nelson finished with 13 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists.
6. Good defense overall- We don’t get to commend the Magic very often for their defense, so we’re certainly going to take advantage tonight. Orlando controlled the paint and held the Raptors to just 40.9% shooting from the field (36/88).
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com