The Orlando Magic hit the road to play the Washington Wizards for the first time this season.
Magic vs Raptors: What Went Right
2. Turkoglu filling up the stat sheet- Hedo Turkoglu has turned it on of late, and Tuesday was no exception. Turkoglu scored 24 points, grabbed 7 rebounds and dished out eight assists as he nearly scored at will in the final period.
3. Explosive fourth quarter- The Magic blew the game open by outscoring their visitors from north of the border 31-19 in the final stanza.
4. Defending the arc- The Magic closed out well on the best outside shooting team in the NBA as they held the Raptors to just 14% from behind the three-point line (2/14). Toronto came in shooting 42% from behind the arc.
5. Efficient play by Jameer- Although Nelson's shot wasn't falling for much of the night, Jameer played solid defense and ran the Magic offense well. Nelson finished with 13 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists.
6. Good defense overall- We don't get to commend the Magic very often for their defense, so we're certainly going to take advantage tonight. Orlando controlled the paint and held the Raptors to just 40.9% shooting from the field (36/88).
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com
MagicIllustrated.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More