The Magic didn't do much right as they were pounded by Toronto, 127-110. We are now going to try…
Magic at Raptors: What Didn't Work
2. Bench play- Toronto's bench severely outplayed Orlando's en route to a 37-16 scoring advantage. The Magic really showed their need for some more depth in this contest.
3. Defense on Chris Bosh- Bosh is a great player, but he's not anywhere near as great as Orlando made him look Wednesday night. Bosh finished with 40 points and 5 rebounds, despite scoring just 5 points in the fourth quarter.
4. Defending the three- Toronto is the best three-point shooting team in the NBA, and the Magic decided to leave them open from behind the arc. The Raptors finished 11 of 20 from behind the arc for 55%.
5. Shot selection- When the Magic play defense the way they did Wednesday night, it really puts the offense in a bad situation, but Orlando took entirely too many outside shots and didn't take it to the basket against the soft frontcourt of Toronto. Orlando hit on only 9 of the 28 three-point shots they hoisted up.
6. Hedo Turkoglu- Turkoglu's cold shooting of late was even colder north of the border. Turk has shot just 27.5% (8-29) since the All-Star break.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com
MagicIllustrated.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More