The Magic didn't do much right as they were pounded by Toronto, 127-110. We are now going to try…
Magic at Raptors: What Didn't Work
2. Bench play- Toronto's bench severely outplayed Orlando's en route to a 37-16 scoring advantage. The Magic really showed their need for some more depth in this contest.
3. Defense on Chris Bosh- Bosh is a great player, but he's not anywhere near as great as Orlando made him look Wednesday night. Bosh finished with 40 points and 5 rebounds, despite scoring just 5 points in the fourth quarter.
4. Defending the three- Toronto is the best three-point shooting team in the NBA, and the Magic decided to leave them open from behind the arc. The Raptors finished 11 of 20 from behind the arc for 55%.
5. Shot selection- When the Magic play defense the way they did Wednesday night, it really puts the offense in a bad situation, but Orlando took entirely too many outside shots and didn't take it to the basket against the soft frontcourt of Toronto. Orlando hit on only 9 of the 28 three-point shots they hoisted up.
6. Hedo Turkoglu- Turkoglu's cold shooting of late was even colder north of the border. Turk has shot just 27.5% (8-29) since the All-Star break.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com
MagicIllustrated.com Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More