The Magic play their second road game in as many nights as they travel north of the border to take…
Magic at Pistons: What Went Right
1. Three point shooting- Orlando was on fire all night long from behind the arc. The Magic finished 13-20 from three-point land for 65%, and Rashard Lewis, Maurice Evans, and Keith Bogans hit a combined 11 of 13 three's.
2. Great defense- The Magic held Detroit to just 38.6% from the field (32-83), and just 2-14 from behind the three-point line. Nearly every shot was challenged by Orlando and they looked like the superior defensive team on this night.
3. Bogans off the bench- Keith Bogans contributed in a big way as he scored 19 points on 6-8 shooting, and played solid defense on Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton. Definitely one of Bogans best games in a Magic uniform.
4. Rashard was worth the money- Lewis led the team with 20 points on 8-10 shooting, and he also grabbed 4 rebounds and dished out 4 assists. Lewis couldn't be stopped by any of the Detroit defenders, and when the Magic needed a big shot, Lewis obliged.
5. Point guard play- The combination of Jameer Nelson and Keyon Dooling outplayed Pistons All-Star Chauncey Billups all night long, and that was one of the differences in the blowout.
6. Bench play- The Orlando bench hung with the Detroit reserves, especially in a key time in the second quarter when Orlando was down seven points. Their solid play allowed the Magic starters to get significant rest and outplay the Pistons starters.
7. Free throw shooting- Orlando hit 18 of 23 free throws on the night for 78.3%. Nice job of not leaving very many points on the court.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of MagicIllustrated.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: MagicIllustrated.com
MagicIllustrated.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More